Great quick vegetarian appetizer or snack. Definitely a family favourite in our home.
- 1 can of canned Salmon (pref. Pacific Wild Sockeye) whole not flaked
- 2 table spoons of light mayo
- 2 teaspoons of grainy mustard
- 1/2 of medium onion (pref. red or sweet spanish)
- Optional: Peper & salt to taste
- Cut half of medium onion into really pieces (max. 1/2 cm cubes). Sprinkle a pinch of salt. Mix and let it sit for 10 minutes to soften.
- Open the can of Salmon and put it into a bowl. Break it apart into small pieces with a fork.
- Add mayo, mustard, onions then mix until you achieve a paste (should be a bit thicker then normal dip)
- Serve with nachos
- Replace mayo with Tzatziki. It will give it a lighter and more Mediterranean taste.
- Add Sriracha sauce to make the dip spicy (or use a spicy mustard)