The secret weapon for getting your kids to the dinner table, this home recipe is an evolution to a home-made lemonade. Combination of sweet and sour taste, colour fruit, and refreshing taste will keep you making more. Feel free to experiment with different fruit.
- Quarter of a watermelon
- 2 medium limes
- 3-5 tablespoons of sugar to taste (preferably raw organic cane sugar)
- 1.5 L of water
- Cut watermelon (remove seeds if necessary) into 1 cm cubes and put it to chill in fridge for min 3 hours. Do not freeze.
- Roll 2 limes till skin is soft, cut and drain the juice into a jug. Keep the pulp or strain it.
- Add water and sugar into the jug and mix till sugar is no longer visible.
- Add chilled watermelon prior to serving.
- Be careful how you pour it. Most of watermelon will float on top.
- Freeze sweet seedless grapes cut in a half. Add it instead of ice cubes.
- Sprinkle cinnamon on watermelon prior to chilling it in the fridge.
… and of course you can try this recipe with lemons instead of limes.